Who We Are
Bruce Doyle is a specialist accredited family lawyer. He commenced practice in 1983 and, apart from two years as Solicitor in Charge of Family Law for the Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission in the 1990s, has been in private practice in Brisbane. Bruce qualified as a mediator and arbitrator over 25 years ago and is a Collaborative Lawyer. He has held part time appointments dealing with:
- Complex Child Support disputes as Senior Case Officer
- Complex Child Protection cases as Deputy Chair of the Children’s Services Tribunal.
Bruce has held leadership roles in the profession as:
- President Queensland Law Society 2011
- President Family Law Practitioners Association Queensland 1999-2000
- Law Council of Australia Family Law Section Executive 2001-2
- Law Council of Australia Director 2010-11
Elizabeth Shearer is a general practitioner, who has worked as a solicitor and manager in a small and large, private and public practices since 1986. Elizabeth specialises in the legal problems of everyday life, with a unique understanding of how all aspects of the law can impact a particular case. She is an expert in the provision of Discrete Task or Unbundled Legal Services, and in dealing with clients with complex needs. Elizabeth also trained as a mediator over 25 years ago, and has held leadership roles in the profession, including a term as President of the Queensland Law Society in 2021. She is currently:
- An Executive Director of the Law Council of Australia
- Appointed to all States and Territories’ Professional Standards Councils
- A Queensland Law Society Senior Counsellor
- A Member of the Queensland Law Society Ethics Committee and Chair of the Access to Justice Pro Bono Committee.